May 29, 2009

We spent the whole day trying to find a shock for the 5th wheel. After trying the NAPA store in Canmore, they sent us to an RV dealer in Airdrie (about 80 miles away). The 2nd RV dealer we check called their supplier in Calgary and was told they get their shocks from NAPA. So, on to a NAPA store in Airdrie – they did not have one in stock but could order it. When we asked if it could be sent to the NAPA store in Canmore, they said we could just have that store order it. He called the store in Canmore and gave them the info so they could order it. If the store in Canmore would have done this when we were there this morning, it would have saved us driving 160 miles and much frustration!! Anyway, they can’t get the shock until Monday, so we will spend the weekend touring Banff and Jasper National Parks while we wait. I guess there could be worse places to be stranded.


We got back from Airdrie in time to hike the Bow River Hoodoos Trail.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 11-15, 2010 – Lake Powell